Employment law encompasses the rights, responsibilities, and obligations within the relationship between employers and employees. It covers issues like wrongful termination, wages, and workplace safety.
What does an employment lawyer do?
- Employment lawyers specialize in representation. They represent either the employee or the employer, but not both parties.
- They assist unions or employees in filing lawsuits against their employers.
- They also negotiate settlements on behalf of their clients on different grievances.
Why you need an employment lawyer?
Every employee has a right not to be discriminated against and to be paid according to the law, among other rights. In addition to these rights, different states provide extra protection for employees. Some of the grievances that require legal representation are:
- Sexual harassment: it is a form of discrimination and arises when the victim is unable to do their job because of inappropriate sexual behavior.
- Wage and hourly rates: an employee should be paid at least the minimum wage in their state and overtime rates for hours completed above 40 hours a week.
- Discrimination: no employee should be discriminated against because of specific characteristics like race or gender.
- Wrongful termination: it ensures you are not fired out of retaliation or without significant cause because of a legal complaint or out of issues like religion, race, gender, or pregnancy.
At Littman & Babiarz, we pride ourselves on a competent team of attorneys. Our lawyers are friendly, compassionate, and strive to make our clients’ experience carefree and painless as much as possible. We meet you where you are and explain the legal jargon carefully to ensure you know what to expect throughout the process.
We have our clients’ best interests at heart. Therefore, we ensure the right processes for hiring and firing, managing workers’ relations, and dispute handling are followed.
Why you should hire us
- Our attorneys have been helping employees for over 30 years. This vast experience sets us apart from the noise in the industry. We have learned the art of subtly conveying information to our clients without beating around the bush or sugar-coating.
- We are well versed with the laws governing employment, and from our research, we show you truths that help in the preparation of motions and briefs.
- We are competent and we delight in what we do. We value our clients and treat all equally.
- We desire to leave our clients better than we left them, emotionally and financially. Therefore, we keep it authentic and will always keep you up to date with the case developments.
We target employees in Auburn and Ithaca, NY. In addition, we look forward to supporting clients throughout Lansing, Watkins Glen, Owego, Elmira, and surrounding Tompkins County, Seneca County, Cayuga County, Cortland County, Schuyler County, Chemung County, Tioga County, Yates County, Onondaga County, and Broome County communities.
Call to Schedule a Free Consultation with a New York Employment Attorney Today.
If you need legal advice regarding wrongful termination or discrimination or other legal matters in employment, we will evaluate your case to find the compensation you need. Contact us online or call us at 607-277-7527 regarding your free initial consultation today.