According to recent data from the New York State Department of Health, personal injuries are the leading cause of death for New York residents between the ages of 1-34. Moreover, they are also listed among the top causes of death for every other age grouping. Sadly, personal injuries are likely during a person’s lifetime. When you are injured in Ithaca or Auburn, NY, turn to Littman & Babiarz, personal injury attorneys in Ithaca, Auburn, Syracuse and Elmira.
- Almost 8,000 NY residents die each year from personal injuries
- Over 155,000 NY residents are hospitalized each year due to a personal injury
- Approximately 1.5 million NY residents are treated and released for personal injuries each year
- Personal injuries are among the leading cause of hospitalization for all age groups
These are startling numbers, but they highlight that accidents can happen to anyone. And because accidents are by their very nature unpredictable, everyone should be prepared with knowledge of how to handle an accident that results in personal injury.
Personal Injury Accidents
Personal injury law, or “Tort Law,” applies to any type of harm to the mind, body or emotions, either intentionally or because of negligence. Littman and Babiarz, personal injury lawyers in Ithaca, serve New York residents who suffer personal injuries in Auburn, Ithaca and throughout central NY state. Our firm has vast experience with New York personal injury law.
Under these laws, victims may be rewarded financial remuneration to help pay for medical expenses, lost wages and other employment losses, burial costs, pain and suffering and certain other expenses. New York personal injury law covers injuries incurred by these types of accidents:
- Vehicle Accidents – These are the most common causes of personal injuries throughout New York state.
- On-the-Job Accidents – Worker’s Compensation insurance from your employer covers medical care and a portion of wages for employees who are injured while on the job.
- Premises Liability Accidents – If you are injured on someone else’s property through negligence, you may be able to file a premises liability accident claim to pursue damages.
- Products Liability Accidents – If a product injures you during normal use, you may be able to file a products liability accident claim and sue for damages.
Each type of accident has certain laws that govern how to pursue compensation. The seasoned personal injury law firm of Littman and Babiarz can provide guidance and review your options.
Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys in Syracuse, Auburn, Ithaca and Elmira
If you or a loved one become injured through the careless action or negligent inaction of another party, Littman and Babiarz, personal injury attorneys in Auburn, New York can help you file a legal personal injury claim through the New York court system. Experienced personal injury attorneys from Littman and Babiarz can provide a well-planned and spirited defense of your rights and help you pursue to greatest possible compensation for your losses.
Littman and Babiarz, Attorneys at Law, are highly experienced personal injury attorneys in Ithaca, Syracuse, Elmira and Auburn, NY, New York. We are professional and compassionate litigators and negotiators who work with you to build a successful personal injury claim. We have the knowledge and resources to pursue your personal injury claim through negotiations and into the courtroom when necessary. When you need legal representation in a NY personal injury claim, call our Ithaca or Auburn offices at 607-277-7527 for a free initial consultation.