If you are an employee, you have heard of many cases of workplace-related injuries. These accidents range from a broken arm to a fall resulting in a back injury or lifting heavy boxes ending in injury, among many other injuries. Workers’ compensation lawyers help workers who have suffered injuries at their workplace recover compensation. The compensation is usually for medical bills incurred and lost wages.
Workers’ compensation law
The law provides awards to injured workers and their dependants in case of accidents and diseases taken place at the work. However, different states act differently based on the type of workers covered, duration of benefits, and amount of compensation, among other details. In addition, for a claim to be valid, the injury must have happened during the employment, and there must be an existing employer-employee relationship.
Depending on the injury, a worker can receive several benefits, like:
- Wage reimbursement benefits
- Permanent total disability benefits
- Permanent partial disability benefits
- Temporary partial disability benefits
- Medical benefits
- Vocational rehabilitation benefits
At Littman & Babiarz, we have a team of dedicated workers’ compensation attorneys. Our attorneys walk you through the legal stipulations of the entire compensation process and provide a brief on the laws governing workers’ compensation in your state. We know legalese language can be intimidating for our clients, and that is why we strive to give you a brief in an easily digestible language.
A lawyer’s duties
A workers’ compensation lawyer’s goal is to represent the claimants to help them get compensation. Our attorneys’ job functions include:
- Gathering medical records and evidence of injury
- Taking depositions of the claimant, medical experts, and other relevant parties
- Performing legal research
- Keeping abreast with developments in the law
- Drafting pleadings, motions, and other legal documents
Specific claimant duties
Besides the general duties, we have other specific responsibilities to our clients.
- Guide them through the process and answer their questions
- Consult medical experts and complete relevant paperwork
- Represent our clients’ interests during hearings, depositions, and other proceedings
- Negotiate fair settlements on their behalf
- Communicate with employer/supervisor on the status of our client
Our attorneys have top-notch negotiation skills to ensure our clients get what the case is honestly worth. We do not offer a pipe dream or inflate figures, but we are adept and recognize when a final offer isn’t quite final.
Why choose Littman & Babiarz?
What makes us stand out from other lawyers is that we are committed to helping our clients legally and personally. We acknowledge you are already in pain, and we strive to keep your case moving while making your experience with our firm painless and carefree.